Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Be My Valentine!

For Valentine's day, I made breakfast for Josh and I before he had to go to school. I was brave enough to try a new recipe, and it turned out to be pretty tasty! I made monkey bread using Rhode's Rolls (Josh's favorite), some butterscotch pudding mix (just the powder), some pecans, and butter and brown sugar melted together. It was very yummy and Josh loved it!


This is what I got Josh for Valentines day... It's The Book of Mormon for Latter day Saint Families! He has been saying for awhile now that he wants one, and I even had our last name engraved on it. (You can't see it too well in this picture though.)



This doesn't really have to do with Valentine's, but my birthday is coming up this week and this is what my parents gave me. I guess they were too excited, so they gave it to me almost a week early. Ha ha! But now I have my very own sewing machine, cutting board, and cutter! Yay! :)


This is the other Valentine wreath that I made! I think I may even like how it turned out better than the first one I made. I love it!

As for the rest of our day yesterday, Josh came home from school and we made dinner together! It was really fun and it was probably the best pasta and garlic bread I have ever had! Josh is really great at whipping up things by combining spices (most of them I never use when I cook), and using creativity instead of a recipe. We made bowtie pasta, then added chicken with garlic and other spices, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, and some alfrado sauce! Yum! We had a candle light dinner and then just watched some movies! I also made chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! Oh and this is what Josh gave me... Earrings from Lia Sophia!




2 comments:

  1. How fun! All very cute ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Valentines Day! You two are so cute! I'm so glad I finally found your blog! I have enjoyed catching up! You are both so cute and we just love you guys to pieces! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend! :)

    Oh yeah, my blog is no longer private and it's new address is ericandheath.blogspot.com if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete