Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Blanket Project!

For the first project using my new sewing machine, I attempted an idea I heard about from my friend Natalie for a baby blanket! It was quite a task, and it seemed simple enough, but just turned out to be very time consuming. However, I enjoyed every minute of it! :) I decided to make it for my friend Shannon for her baby shower and completed it in 3 days! I was pretty excited about the whole thing and very impressed with myself considering it was my first try at this. So here is how it turned out!


So you are probably wondering how I made the blanket look this way? Well, I took 4 pieces of fabric (the animal print, and then solids of green, orange, and a light yellow) and had to sew diagnol lines, 1/2 inch apart, over the entire blanket. Then, I took some scissors and cut through the back 3 layers between all of the lines that I had sewn. Last of all, I put a border on it, threw it in the wash and it makes the fabric fray and exposes the different colors. Pretty neat! I will most likely be making more of these because I really enjoyed it! And I will probably continue to experiment as well. ;) I am loving my sewing machine!!!

3 comments:

  1. Like I said before I absolutely love it!!! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was way impressed too! And it is stinkin adorable! Nice work and excellent sewing skills friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Kels! That's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete