Monday, May 18, 2009

My Fun Weekend!

This weekend was so much fun! On Saturday, I went and did baptisms with the young adults in my stake. It was lots of fun, and a really neat experience since I haven't done baptisms for awhile. Then after that, we went to Farr's for some ice cream! Yummy!
After ice cream, Josh and I went back to his house to change out of our church clothes. Earlier that day, Josh told me that he went to the DI and bought a shirt, shorts, and some shoes. So after I was dressed, I came out to wait for him to come up from downstairs. He came in wearing a crazy, ridiculous, loud shirt that was multicolored and buttoned up the front. I was in shock at first because it wasn't what I expected, but then I decided that I actually liked it in a weird way, ha ha!
Then Josh and I headed off to an activity that his ward did for all of the sisters to show appreciation for them. It was probably the funniest thing I've ever been to. A really cute old guy brought my plate of food just filled to the brim with spaghetti, and told me that he made it himself and I was lucky, ha ha! Then all of the guys got up and sang "You Are My Sunshine" and afterwards, Josh gave me the piece of paper with all the words on it. He's so cute! Then, a quartet got up to sing, and they were so incredibly terrible! I couldn't keep myself from laughing the entire time, and I felt kinda bad for them. At the end of the program, they played this hilarious video that had some of the guys in the ward lip sinking the words to a song while doing household chores. Josh was washing a car to the beat of the song and it was way funny, and then there was a shot of his dad next to their garbage cans, and all of a sudden Josh popped out of one of them... hilarious!
After the ward thing, we went to Smith's to run some errands for Josh's mom. On the way in, we saw this cute little girl riding a little merry-go-round that was in front of the store. I made a comment that it looked like she was having so much fun and that I wanted to ride it. So Josh said maybe we could on the way out. So Josh paid for the groceries with cash and got some change back, so we decided to ride it, ha ha! It was seriously so much fun! We took a bunch of pictures too and just had a blast!
Then we went back to Josh's house and played Dr. Mario. I hadn't played it in so long and I was terrible, but I did manage to beat Josh once, ha ha! Then we watched a movie that a lady from Josh's work wanted him to watch. It was called "Something the Lord Made" and it was really good! It was about a black man in the 1950's who developed a surgery method to save kids with some type of heart problem.
On Sunday, Josh had to speak for a ward in his stake, and he invited me to come listen. I wasn't sure if I would be able to because I was supposed to teach, but then my mom and dad offered to teach my class so that I could go! Thanks parents! I walked in a few minutes late and stood by the door during the prayer looking for a place to sit. I couldn't see his family anywhere, and all the seats in the back were full. So I ended up sitting pretty close, about 3 or 4 rows from the front. Josh did a very excellent job speaking, and he didn't even plan it until the night before! He spoke about the plan of salvation, and that we tend to forget why we are here. He emphasized a lot about how we are here to progress and learn instead of just float through life doing the minimum. It was a really good talk. I went up to him after and told him that he did a really good job, but he said it was the worst he's ever done. So I'm thinking if that was his worst then he must be an amazing speaker ;) His little sister came up and started talking to me after too; she is so cute and super nice! Then his mom invited me to come eat lunch with their family, but I told her I couldn't because I was fasting for my uncle. She is so sweet! It was so funny because on my way home, I got a phone call from Josh, and he just called to tell me that I looked cute and to thank me again for coming. He's so adorable! :)

Here's the pics we took on the merry-go-round, and notice the shirt...



3 comments:

  1. Are you freakin' kidding me? You rode a merry go round? You can't even fit in it! It's made for SMALL CHILDREN! LOL! You crack me up Kels! I just love ya! That's sounds like a very fun-filled weekend! I'm so happy for you! Josh sounds like a very nice guy and super fun too! That's cute that he called you after to just tell you that you looked cute and thank you for coming. You guys look super cute together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I'm glad you are having a great time! It's super exciting!

    ReplyDelete