Monday, May 11, 2009

Today at Work...

This summer I have been scheduled to work at the brutal hour of 7:30 every morning, half an hour away, and had to get up at six to make it on time. Would you call this summer? I think not! This is an earlier hour than I had to get up for school this past semester. So I think after my first day of 7:30, I'm already anticipating fall semester. Sad, but true... We also have not had one single person come in to take a test and it is now 25 minutes past the hour of 9:00. Blah! I have decided that in my bordom and anger, I would try to do something positive and compile a list of things I wish to accomplish this summer in no particular order...

1) Become unafraid of backflips while country dancing
2) Be the best EFY counselor the world will ever know
3) Travel to Europe without fearing the dreaded 14 hour plane ride
4) Hike up Waterfall Canyon
5) Learn to fly fish
6) Become more confident with who I am and in my chosen field
7) Make earings with Nat, and go on our shopping trip that was supposed to take place about 3 months ago (It will really happen someday Natalie! Ha!)
8) Build my lean muscle mass
9) Kiss a certain boy :)
10) Buy some jelly shoes
11) Become a pro at building bonfires
12) Read a ton of books
13) Go ice blocking
14) Dance in the rain everytime weather permits
15) Go swimming as much as possible
16) Learn to play more hymns on the piano
17) Learn a COMPLETE song on the guitar
18) Eat at Maddox, Peach Pie in August! Yummy!
19) Go see a play
20) Do things that I am initially afraid to try

After completing this list, I am still finding myself doing nothing at work, so here is some exciting news I would like to share!

Country dancing this past Wednesday was amazing! Josh called to see if I wanted to go, and I responded with an excited YES (of course)! When I arrived, he was already there and had paid my way in; he's so thoughtful! It was hilarious though because anytime he left me unattended for even a minute, someone else would ask me to dance. About the third or fourth time this happened, I was talking to a guy I just danced with and all of a sudden Josh darts over, grabs me away, and onto the dance floor right in the middle of our conversation. Hilarious! Then, on our way out, we were dancing out the doors and just being goofy. I was spinning Josh with my right hand in his left, and after we got outside, he kept a hold of my hand and then clapsed his fingers through mine! Then we walked to my car holding hands; so exciting!!! We also had two bonfires this weekend, one of which was in the mountains, and we held hands again both times! :) He is seriously so amazing, and I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to get to know such a great guy. We have so much fun together, and I'm not afraid to be myself around him. So we'll see what happens... :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are at least having fun outside of work! That is pretty early for summer...I'm sorry! Josh sounds like a fun guy! I'm glad you are having fun dating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is #9 not #1!!! What is this?! Hahaha Well I'm happy about the hand holding! It's about time! Oh and i'm sorry about work. The earliest I work with my job is 9 o'clock. hahahahahah Just thought I'd rub that in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So since when is "kiss a certain boy" code for "read a ton of books"?? Something got lost in the translation. hahaha I read your list first on facebook then saw you had a new blog but #9 was different on here hahaha gotta love ya Kels!
    I am so excited about your hand holding adventures!! That is super exciting!
    P.S. I have a new blog post...but it's uber-long, just to warn you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha because Keely, every Wednesday i bug her to do the flip... well actually i tell her every time i see her! ha ha! i am so excited for you that everything has worked out the way it has! i have a few pictures i want to show you! we need to make COOKIES!

    ReplyDelete